Calcium carbonate is a key ingredient to consider when purchasing food products specifically formulated for snails. This powdered form offers a simple solution for evenly distributing calcium through the food.
Powdered limestone is a finely-ground white substance used as an agricultural feed additive. With a 99% calcium carbonate purity, this limestone is provided as feed-grade. The remaining 1%, predominantly magnesium carbonate, is a nearly inert mineral, greatly improving the nutritional value, and minorly enhancing buffering abilities.